Thursday, January 17, 2013

Asthma*

Asthma is a big deal when it comes to exercising. I am one of those people and I have had it ever since I was a small child.


It sucks really bad when you want to participate in sports in school and you can't, because you might have an asthma attack. I was fortunate not to ever have an attack, and mine wasn't severe like some kids have. 

So getting back into shape now was a big challenge for me. Especially on anything aerobic like the treadmill. I just took it at my own pace. No matter if I was jogging or running slower than anyone else. If you go at your own pace, and work harder every time you get on that treadmill, you will progress and get to that level that all the other people are doing.

When I first started getting back into shape a few months a go, I couldn't jog or run for more than 2 minutes. That's bad. Then every time I got back on the treadmill, I would step it up a notch and work harder. Eventually, I got to where I could go for about 15 minutes without stopping. I was determined and I did it. I don't go for that long every time now. 


What I like to do is: 
5 minute walk for warming up, 5 - 10 minute run, 2 minute walk, 5 minute run, 2 minute    walk, 5 minute run, etc, then 5 minute cool down. I do this for 35 minutes on the treadmill.

Always remember to bring an inhaler with you, incase something happens. And water will help your asthma as well.

Until tomorrow,
JM

No comments:

Post a Comment